We still have Easter Eggs in our house.
Hard to believe, but true.
I convinced my children to melt some down, so we could make tiffin.
Here’s what we made, and the recipe is below.
- Melt together 110g butter, 2 tablespoons of white sugar, 2 tablespoons of golden syrup and 4 teaspoons of cocoa powder.
- Then mix in a handful of raisins and 225g of crushed rich tea biscuits.
- Press the mixture into a baking tray.
- Melt a selection of chocolate (could be milk chocolate or a mixture of dark and milk) and then pour the chocolate over the tiffin mixture.
- Decorate as desired with candy or sweets, then leave in the fridge for a couple of hours to set.
My children enjoyed measuring the ingredients, smashing the biscuits, mixing it all together and decorating at the end. Yum.
And they still have Easter Eggs leftover…